This Project is not affiliated with Toyota or Initial D.
Furthermore, this project was created by Emre Can Özcan & Marvin Schmidt and it will be used for a school project
So we created a short film about the AE86 Drifting on Mt. Haruna in Japan.
For the Environment Marvin used a rough 3D Scan of the Environment and did the retopology and remodeled everything by himself, we used Quixel and Botaniq for the detail shots but were restricted due to lack of computing power.
This is a school project that was a very long-term and ambitious project, we were assigned the task to create an Animation with any media we like, my Partner and I decided to create an Animation inspired by the Anime series Initial D.
Muchmore, was the FIrst Time we Created an Animation, using Dynamic Cameras, One Large Environment, Multiple optimizing workflows, and workarounds with creative problem-solving attempts.
We learned a lot together in this Project, I learned especially:
- Animating a Car across a complete Environment with multiple Constraints and Rigs
- Animating Dynamic Cameras in Large scale environments
- Creating own HDRI Shader (Node based)
- Creating Open Environments
- Creating Realistic Car Shaders
- Lighting an Open Environment
- Optimizing Viewport Display
- Optimizing Render Times
- Solving Rigging Issues
- Solving Rendering Issues
- Solving Multiple optimization attempts with even more creative ideas and better optimizations
- Solving Multiple Topology Errors and creating a smooth Quad Flow
My Project Partner: https://www.artstation.com/dazze
AE86 by: https://sketchfab.com/Bexxie
(modifications to look like from Initial D was edited by me)
This Project was created with the Botaniq Addon for Blender.